It’s that time of year again! Holidays. Friends and family. And a time of reflection.
We learned a lot in 2014!
For our final blog post of the year, we wanted to take a look back at everything we’ve accomplished and highlight some of the awesome things that have happened this year.
We welcomed new additions after our redesign.
As a result, we were able to start 2014 with more time to focus on building important new features like category management and Twitter filtering to help us round out our service.
Some of the main changes we made included:
- FlowReader’s mobile website
- Support for exporting subscriptions as an OPML file
- FlowReader’s URL shortener: flow.to
- Choose which Twitter profiles show up in your timeline.
- Suggestions for RSS feeds to add to your Reader tab.
- Keyboard shortcuts for faster browsing.
- Create, edit, and remove feeds or categories in the left side menu.
There are some great new additions lined up for 2015 that we can’t wait to share with you!
FlowReader celebrated its first birthday.
For our first birthday, we had some cake to celebrate and made an infographic to take a closer look at some interesting FlowReader stats.
Did You Know?
- We process 1 million RSS subscriptions.
- We process 1 million new articles a day and 2.5 million update requests a day.
- 60% of our office wears glasses.
- There are 3 languages spoken in the office: Czech, English, and Slovak.
For more facts about FlowReader, check out the full infographic.
We talked RSS with some amazing people.
There are a lot of interesting people out there working with RSS or using it in their daily routines! We’ve always felt that building an RSS service means that we’re part of a larger community, and it’s important that we participate in the discussion about the future of RSS.
This year, we were lucky enough to interview some pretty awesome people:
2) Power user Riki Fridrich: “For curators, RSS is still alive and kicking.”
If you love RSS, we’d love to have you write a guest post for us! Feel free to email us: email@example.com.
Another big year ahead!
It may be the end of another year, but we’re really looking forward to 2015! We’ve been working on a couple big changes over the last couple months, and we can’t wait to share them with you.
Thank you for all your patience and support! Without you, we couldn’t have had such a wonderful year and for that, we are truly grateful.
We plan to keep growing in the next year and hope you’ll be there with us every step of the way.
Happy New Year from all of us at FlowReader!